As Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day production operations. In this role, you will ensure the safety and productivity of all members, as well as plant security. Additionally, this position is accountable for ensuring that production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner and within all quality parameters and for participation in performance management processes.
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; resolving problems; reporting results of the process flow on shift production reports
- Confers with production personnel to resolve problems affecting production schedules.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data: answering questions and responding to requests.
- Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel
- Learn and understand the Toyota Production System (TPS) and Kanban system.
- Lead Kaizen activities, responsible for reporting activities at meetings, and for promoting improvements.
- Enforces safety regulations, KYT and reports on safety issues to mgmt. and takes appropriate countermeasures.
- Maintains a clean and safe work place in accordance with 5S protocol by educating and directing personnel
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Can perform activities of workers supervised and other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
In this position you will report to the Production Manager.
- Minimum of 2-5 years in a supervisory role in a manufacturing setting preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- General math skills such as adding, subtracting, and practical math applications
Pay Rate: $40,000 - 42,000 per year
Location: Tiffin, OH
If you are driven and a team player, we would like to hear from you.