Richmond Heights, OH
16 - 18 per Hour
Are you looking to grow your career in the manufacturing industry?
Do you have experience working for a manufacturer and are seeking an opportunity at a new firm where you can establish a long-term career?
We’ve got a great opportunity for you!
We have a client in need of someone with excellent work habits and an enthusiastic personality to join their team as a manual threading operator. This person will play an essential role in manufacturing operations by setting up and operating threading machines.
About Our Client
Our client is one of North America’s industry leading manufacturers of stainless steel, brass, chrome, and aluminum. Specializing in pipes, fittings, tubes, outlet, valves, flanges and more, they’ve established themselves as a million-dollar firm on the east side of Cleveland, Ohio.
- Obtain and use all personal protective equipment.
- Interpret and verify part being produced against ticket/traveler (material, diameter, thread type, etc)
- Understand and follow all appropriate production procedures.
- Operate different size machines and jobs as required.
- Produce specials as needed or required.
- Understanding of scanning procedure to effectively start and end production jobs using the data collection system.
- Perform constant visual quality inspection (torn threads, crooked threads, etc.)
- Perform Quality Inspection while using the QI form.
- Communicate machine or quality problems to setup-operator or supervisor.
- Oversee loading and unloading of parts to prevent mixing of mill and heat numbers on stainless steel material.
- Place traveler in every container before producing any parts.
- Operate backup machine or complete work floor during down times.
- Properly leave machine ready for next shift (travelers, shavings, buckets, etc.)
- Transport parts from holding area when necessary.
- Complete other responsibilities that may be assigned as needed or required.
- High school graduate, G.E.D., or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills including general PC operation in Microsoft Offices and basic data entry
- Ability to read scale / rulers, micrometers, and calipers
- Excellent work habits including punctuality, attendance, and work ethic
- Ability to work individually and with others to continuously improve our company.
- Standing, bending for entire shift. Capable of lifting 50-70 lbs. frequently, pushing and pulling bulky material and carts weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Willing and able to continuously improve yourself, others, and the operations in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Willingness and ability to work overtime when asked by a supervisor.
- Health Insurance with company contribution
- 100% employer paid dental, vision, life and STD insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick and personal leave
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing and bonus plan
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.