About the job
Supervisors are the first level of authority in the workplace providing leadership, coaching, clear direction and decision making to ensure people are working safely, meeting customer demand, solving problems, eliminating waste and meeting goals. Under the direction of the Director of Operations, this position is accountable for supervising, scheduling and leading a group of employees to meet departmental goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Ensure all Environmental & Safety policies are followed
- Monitoring performance and implementing countermeasures to meet SMART goals
- Identifying and Implementing improvement plans
- Root cause analysis problem solving
- Effectively communicating with others within and outside the work group
- Maintain all production and related quality assurance records
- Providing leadership, direction and motivation to people in assigned area
- Effectively manage employee relations, including day-to-day employee complaints/concerns
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding production goals including safety, quality, on time delivery, cost and people initiatives
- Direct the implementation of lean manufacturing initiatives, including 6S, standardized work, work balance, product flow and TPM improvements
- Ability to effectively utilize Oracle ERP system and other databases
- 5+ years CNC machining supervisory experience in a low volume, high mix and build to order manufacturing environment
- Ability to establish sound priorities and objectives and be able to function in a work environment characterized by constant change
- Knowledge and experience in applying lean manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop and motivate subordinates
- Well-developed communication, leadership and problem solving
- Associate's Degree in engineering or business or equivalent work experience.