Are you an experienced CNC Programmer looking for a new opportunity in a fast growing and reputable company?
Check out this opportunity!
Our client is on the hunt for an experienced CNC Programmer to join their 2nd shift team working Monday-Thursday 4:30 PM - 2:30 AM. This person will set up and operate the CNC Lathe or Mill and play a hands on role in the production of their products.
About Our Client
Our client is a diverse manufacturing company creating parts and products for clients in automotive, beverage, steel, and other heavy industries. Focusing on stamping, forging, and steelmaking products our client is a major supplier throughout the United States.
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, and other written instructions
- Requires knowledge of computers and electronics and basics of CNC set-up and programming.
- Analyzes design data of part to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates, according to the knowledge of machine shop processes, part specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Set up and operating CNC lathes and/or mills.
- Setup parts to be machined with a wide range of size and configuration in the most efficient manner of processing
- Machining parts to print per specified tolerances.
- Determines reference points and direction of machine cutting paths.
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures, and outlines the sequence of operations required to machine part.
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards, using in-process inspection tools and devices.
- Working with engineers to produce quality parts to engineered specifications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in CNC operation
- Demonstrate knowledge of computers and electronics, computer numerical control, and basics of CNC programming
- Must be able to preform own set-ups and programing of machine
- Ability to read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings and other written instructions
- Able to interpret geometric tolerancing, and dimensioning
- Able to use a feed & speed chart or a calculator to determine appropriate feeds, speeds, and depth of cuts
- Must understand how to use precision measuring instruments such as micrometers
- Available to work overtime and weekends as work load dictate
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.