Do you have a mechanical mindset and love the challenge of fixing things?
Are you looking for a new career where you can utilize your years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic and/or Mechanical Assembler?
We have a client in need of an experienced Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to join their team. This person will assemble and fit products and components according to assembly blueprints, manuals, engineering memos, and sketches. This is a great opportunity for an experienced assembler that has worked on industrial equipment at an advanced level.
About Our Client
Our client is a diverse manufacturing company creating parts and products for clients in automotive, beverage, steel, and other heavy industries. Focusing on stamping, forging, and steelmaking products our client is a major supplier throughout the United States.
- Creates plans for the disassembly, and repair per the assembly procedures, following specifications provided and using knowledge gained by experience
- Verifies conformance of parts to blueprints, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers. Inspect parts to quality standards.
- Aligns components for assembly, manually or with crane,
- Removes high spots, and smoots surfaces, using chisels, scrapers, files, and powered hand grinder. Assemble, set up, and operates machines to verify functioning, machine capabilities, and conformance to customer's specifications.
- Form, bend and fasten piping, fixtures, and attachments required to provide the machine with air, water, and oil.
- Verifies alignment and tolerances of moving parts, using measuring instruments, such as dial indicators and micrometers.
- Installs moving parts, such as shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test free movement and operation of assembly by hand.
- Mounts and connects auxiliary, mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic or hydraulic equipment; cuts and fits pipe and tubing.
- Test or assist in testing operation of completed product
- 15% (in state / out of state)
- Solid mechanical skills, must have mechanical ability to proficiently use cranes and other heavy tools and equipment that are normally required in the daily assembly and disassembly operations.
- Own tools of the trade, and the ability to use them effectively.
- Ability to use judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of operations and processes within the limitations of established or standard methods and procedures.
- Must be able to interpret prints well enough to determine appropriate disassembly sequence for variety of heavy equipment.
- Ability to read, interpreting variety of assembly prints and understanding verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of using a small machine tools, welder, crane, and forklift.
- Basic computer skills and ability to use basic shop math
- Ability to verbally communicate with team members, supervisors and Engineers
- Possess the physical strength and ability to safely handle heavy equipment and tools
- Ability to bend tubing, lube, hydraulic and pneumatic
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.